Homepage, Header & Footer — features include: streamlined global navigation, prospect and personalized targeted marketing, categories, added brand value propositions(testimonials and partnerships), and a slick new login/register experience.
Sign-In / Registration Interactive Wireframe — Sign-In & Registration is part of the global header and opens in a drawer keeping the users focus on the current page of view.
User Account — Streamlined account management utilizing mobile friendly responsive design patterns and interactions.
Visual Style Guide — Although a general look and feel had previously been provided from a third-party, it required many tweaks and additions before the team could move forward with visual design.
Founded in 1990, The Great Courses have been uniquely crafting engaging, immersive learning experiences you can’t get in a lecture hall. After more than 20 years and 10 million courses sold, The Great Courses was challenged with the need to further transition itself from a primarily mail order catalog company, into an online content provider to increase digital purchasing and consumption, while also appealing to a slightly younger audience. To execute this transition, a rebrand of their digital experience was in order, as well as branching out into mobile applications.
In 2013, I came on board as the Sr. User Experience Designer and effectively took the lead in the redesign efforts. Even though previous ideation with third-party vendors had been explored, there were still many challenges and ideas that lay ahead. After advancing all prior concepts, it was determined that a project reboot was in order. I was tasked with, and contributed to: site auditing, analysis of customer needs, research, gathering and/or writing requirements, conceptual sketches, wireframes, interactive wireframes, user testing, style guide and application templates, visual design, specifications, and working with third-party developers to ensure consistency and integrity of the user experience throughout the process.
- Responsive design to increase revenue by allowing customers to shop from any device.
- New global search functionality and improved search results refinement.
- Global mega-menu navigation making categories and sales easier to find from anywhere on the site.
- Ability to save products to a Wish List. The number one requested new feature from users.
- A great new digital library experience that gives users more control over their courses and streamlines their consumption via global notifications to resume right where they left off.
- Streamlined User Account Management and functionality.
- The new site features slick interactions and animations to appeal to younger mobile-ready customers.